If you or a loved one are serious about breaking the cycle of addiction, then researching the best-extended care rehab is the first step on that path. Though addiction is a chronic disease with no permanent cure, millions of people worldwide with substance use disorders live sober lives of purpose, meaning, and wellness. You, too, can be one of those people. At Mile High Recovery Center, we recognize the many benefits of extended care rehab and residential addiction treatment.
If you want to learn more about our extended care facility in Denver, Colorado, call Mile High today at 303-268-2144 or submit our online form. We can give you as much time as you need to answer questions and offer information and reassurance about the benefits of extended care rehabilitation.
What is Extended Care Rehabilitation for Substance Use Disorders?
Unlike other forms of addiction treatment, extended care rehab, as the name suggests, lasts longer. By allowing you to establish a solid foundation for your ongoing recovery, extended care rehab increases positive outcomes and reduces the risk of relapse.
Extended care treatment provides the very highest level of care, gives you daily access to professionals intent on helping you in your recovery, and 24/7 available support from staff and peers.
Ideal for those with long-standing substance use disorders, a history of relapse, or co-occurring mental health disorders, extended care rehab provides the best chance for a positive recovery.
Nine Benefits of Extended Care Rehab
What can extended care rehabilitation do for you? Some of the most meaningful benefits are listed below:
- Sustained protection from relapse triggers–In extended care rehab, you will be in an environment in which you’ll have no access to the people, things, or places that you associate with substance use.
- Access to round-the-clock support–You will avoid the negative effects of isolation by being around peers on the same journey and professional staff who will be there for you, offering support.
- The chance to experience a structured environment–People who live with addiction often live with chaos. In extended treatment, you have a daily schedule that offers the benefits of structured time and teaches you the value of daily planning as a relapse avoidance technique.
- Rebuilding relationships–Not only will you engage in relationships within rehab – with peers, counselors, and other staff – but you’ll probably engage in family therapy. In a long-term treatment setting, you have extra time to solidify interpersonal skills and strengthen connections.
- The chance to develop and practice new habits – In extended rehab, you will have the time needed to establish new behavior patterns, from how you think about yourself to what time you go to bed and everything in between.
- Renewed health–Think about how much healthy living you can get while in an extended addiction treatment program. From positive food choices to exercise and sleep regimens, you will be physically healthier when you leave, as well as mentally stronger.
- Accountability–When you are in a rehab setting, there are people and systems in place to help you stay accountable to your goals for sobriety. In extended care, that opportunity lasts long enough to become internalized. You will also leave rehab with accountability partners who can continue to support you – the peers with whom you’ve developed relationships along the way.
- Minimized stress levels–The start of recovery has its own inherent stressors. However, for the duration of your stay in extended residential addiction treatment, you will live without having to cope with daily stressors related to work, home, or finances. Meanwhile, you will learn coping skills to handle such external stressors more effectively when you are back home.
- Self-confidence–The time you spend in long-term residential treatment is time invested in building your self-confidence. For every sober day in rehab, every breakthrough in therapy, and every relationship you forge or renew, you are developing awareness that you are enough.
Mile High Recovery Center’s Extended Care Facility in Denver, Colorado
Extended care addiction treatment is available in Denver’s city center at Mile High Recovery Center. We offer all the benefits of evidence-based therapies, compassionate and knowledgeable staff, and long-term residential treatment options.
To learn more about how Mile High can help you securely begin your recovery journey, contact us today by filling out our online form or calling 303-268-2144.