Just because you have decided to seek addiction treatment to begin recovery does not mean that you are 100% positive about this step. Ambivalence is typical among people struggling with substance use disorders (SUDs) who have started considering rehab. Whatever is at the root of your uncertainty—which can include questions about whether you need addiction treatment, fear of withdrawal, anxiety about potential relapse, or how rehab will affect your family—motivational enhancement therapy (MET) can help. Motivational enhancement therapy in Denver, Colorado, is available at Mile High Recovery Center. Did you know that Colorado is among the U.S. states most affected by high addiction rates?1
That statistic makes the work we do at Mile High Recovery Center vital much more meaningful and critical. Motivational enhancement therapy is one of the most powerful tools we use to help clients commit to a brighter future without addictive substances. Our professional staff is equipped to support clients with MET as they come to terms with their decision to overcome addiction and find confidence on the path to recovery. If you are curious about MET benefits, how it works, or anything related to this therapy or others, reach out to Mile High Recovery Center by calling 855.796.2102 or using our online form.
What Are the Principles of MET?
In MET, there are no top-down declarations of correctness. Your motivational enhancement therapist will not preach, judge, or instruct. Your MET therapist will listen, provide a structured conversation, and let you make your conclusions as you consider questions like, “Why rehab?” or “How should I take on addiction treatment?”
By approaching you and your SUD without judgment and without a presumption of authority, your therapist can inspire change, and the desire for change, even if you currently feel reluctant, ambivalent, or anxious.
MET is based on specific processes that offer a foundation for the work. They are:
- Engaging – This process is when the therapist engages and becomes familiar with you, the client, establishing trust and creating a partnership based on mutual understanding.
- Focusing – This stage is when the therapist and you give attention to the primary focus of your recovery, based on your wishes and aspirations.
- Evoking – During the MET sessions, your intrinsic feelings about, motivation for, and arguments in favor of healthy change are brought to the fore.
- Planning – You are ready to plan your recovery when you can envision it.
Choose motivational enhancement therapy to soften the barriers to your help-seeking in a way that empowers and inspires you.
What Are the Benefits of Motivational Enhancement Therapy in Colorado?
There are many advantages of undergoing MAT. Five of those benefits are:
- You are supported and encouraged without judgment to take responsibility for yourself, including past actions and future steps.
- You eventually become more receptive to treatment that’s chosen by you, for you.
- You can see your sober future unfurl before you in your mind’s eye, enabling you to make that envisioned future a reality.
- You grow in self-confidence and become your most significant and trustworthy ally.
- You become empowered to choose recovery without ambivalence or fear.
When you enroll in addiction treatment at Mile High Recovery Center in Denver, Colorado, you will have access to evidence-based motivational enhancement therapy and numerous additional therapeutic options.
Can You Combine MET with Other Rehab Interventions?
Some of the treatments and recovery activities at your disposal as a client of Mile High Recovery Center, in addition to motivational enhancement therapy, include:
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Experiential programs
- Equine therapy
If you long to overcome a stubborn resistance inside of you that won’t let you move forward with addiction recovery, give yourself the gift of motivational enhancement therapy at Mile High Recovery Center in Colorado. Typically, MET is only part of a more comprehensive addiction treatment program customized for each client.
Learn the Benefits of MET in Colorado with Mile High Recovery Center
Mile High Recovery Center is located in the Congress Park area of Denver, just a short walk from the Denver Botanic Gardens. Professional and compassionate staff members provide a range of services in both inpatient and outpatient programs.
You don’t need to be 100% ready for rehab to call for information. Contact Mile High Recover Center today via online form or call 855.796.2102.