How to Find a Residential Treatment Center for Mental Health
Understanding Mental Health
A residential treatment center for mental health helps individuals who are struggling with substance use or mental health challenges. These centers work with individuals to help them heal and learn coping strategies for their symptoms.
Mental health is about our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It influences how we feel, think, and behave. Good mental health is important for a happy and fulfilling life.
When our mental health is poor, it can be hard to enjoy life or function well. A residential treatment center for mental health can provide help and support when needed.1
What Is Good Mental Health?
- Feel content and happy
- Enjoy activities and have fun
- Handle stress in a healthy way
- Make wise decisions
- Build and maintain good relationships
- Have a sense of purpose and meaning in life
- Adapt to change and cope with challenges
- Show empathy and care for others
Symptoms of Poor Mental Health
Poor mental health can show up in different ways. Here are some signs that you might need help from a residential treatment center for mental health:
- Feeling sad, hopeless, or empty
- Losing interest in activities you used to enjoy
- Having trouble concentrating or making decisions
- Feeling tired all the time or having trouble sleeping
- Experiencing mood swings or irritability
- Feeling anxious or worried a lot
- Having problems with relationships or social situations
- Turning to alcohol or drugs to cope with stress or pain
Impact of Mental Health On Our Well-Being
Residential Treatment for Mental Health
A residential treatment center for mental health is a place where people live and receive help for mental health issues.
It offers a safe, supportive environment with trained professionals who provide therapy, support, and guidance.2
How Can Residential Treatment Help?
- Offering a structured, supportive environment
- Providing therapy and counseling to address mental health issues
- Teaching coping skills and strategies for managing emotions
- Offering group sessions to build connections and learn from others
- Helping individuals develop a plan for long-term mental wellness
What Are Common Mental Health Disorders That Residential Centers Treat?
- Anxiety: Treatment centers help individuals with anxiety learn to manage their symptoms and face their fears.
- Depression: Those with depression may feel sad, hopeless, or lose interest in things they used to enjoy. Treatment centers offer therapy and support to help them overcome these feelings.
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD): BPD is a condition that affects how people think and feel about themselves and others. It can cause intense emotions and unstable relationships. Treatment centers teach skills to help manage BPD.
- Co-Occurring Substance Use Disorders: Sometimes people with mental health issues also struggle with addiction. Residential treatment centers can address both issues at the same time, helping people find a path to recovery.
Mile High Recovery Center's Approach to Treatment
We also provide support for substance use disorders and help people build a strong foundation for long-term recovery. Our residential treatment center for mental health is designed to help people heal and grow.
Personalized Treatment Plans
Mile High Recovery Center creates a unique plan for every individual at our residential treatment center for mental health.
We consider each individual’s needs, goals, and preferences to ensure the best possible care.
Evidence-Based Clinical Therapeutic Approaches
Holistic Therapies Addressing Body, Mind, and Spirit
What Programs Does Mile High Recovery Center Offer?
Our center offers many types of programs and services in order to help treat everyone who walks through our doors. Our community-based treatment and supportive team will help you every step of the way.
Some programs that we offer include:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): This program is intensive and provides care multiple days a week. It offers high accountability and support for people who need a structured environment.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): Some people may benefit from medications to help manage cravings and withdrawal symptoms. Mile High Recovery Center offers options like Suboxone and Vivitrol.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): This program is less intense than PHP but still provides regular support. It helps people reintegrate into the community while receiving the help they need.
Personalized, Evidence-Based Care
By offering a variety of services, Mile High Recovery Center’s residential treatment center for mental health helps people find the right level of care for their needs.
With a personalized, holistic approach, they support individuals on their path to healing and wellness.
Therapies Offered at Mile High Recovery Center
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Mile High Recovery Center believes in the power of community support. We offer group therapy and 12-step meetings to help people connect with others who understand their struggles. These connections can be a vital part of the recovery journey.
Mile High Recovery Center’s residential treatment center for mental health has an alumni program to support those who have completed treatment.
This program provides ongoing support, connection, and encouragement to help people maintain their mental wellness and sobriety.
What to Expect at a Residential Treatment Center for Mental Health
The Intake Process
When you arrive at a residential treatment center for mental health, like Mile High Recovery Center, you will go through an intake process.
This includes a review of your medical history, mental health concerns, and goals for treatment.
Daily Schedule and Activities
Therapy Sessions and Support Groups
At Mile High Recovery Center, you may attend individual and group therapy sessions depending on the plan your therapist put in place for you. These sessions allow you to explore your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors with the help of skilled professionals.
Recreational Activities and Community-Based Therapies
Tips For Getting the Most Out of a Stay at a Residential Treatment Center
Be Open and Honest
Actively Engage in Therapy
Build a Support Network
Take Advantage of Recreational and Community-Based Activities
Maintain a Healthy Balance Between Treatment and Personal Time
Prepare for Transition to Aftercare and Continuing Support
By following these tips, you can get the most out of your stay at a residential treatment center for mental health.
Embrace the support and resources offered by Mile High Recovery Center to help you achieve lasting wellness and success on your recovery journey.
How Mile High Recovery Center’s Residential Treatment Center for Mental Health Can Help
Reach Out and Begin Healing
Do not wait to seek help for your mental health. Reach out to a residential treatment center for mental health, like Mile High Recovery Center, and take the first steps towards a healthier, happier future.