What to Know About Marijuana Rehab in Denver
This article outlines marijuana dependency and addiction. We’ll also talk about the marijuana rehab Denver offers.
What Is Marijuana Rehab?
Treatment Options in Denver
What Does Treatment Look Like?
Marijuana rehab includes assessment, detoxification, and individual and group therapy. Treatment facilities offer counseling, relapse prevention strategies, and aftercare support. The goal is to help individuals develop healthier coping mechanisms.
Overview of the Unique Challenges Associated With Marijuana Addiction
Perception of Harmlessness
Many people think marijuana is a harmless substance. This perception can make it hard for people to acknowledge their dependence.
Some people may underestimate the potential negative consequences of prolonged marijuana use. The underestimation leads to a delay in seeking help.
- Sleep disturbances
- Decreased appetite
- Mood swings
Most mental health professionals characterize marijuana addiction as psychological, not physical. This means that individuals may experience strong cravings and preoccupation with using marijuana.
Co-Occurring Mental Health Issues
Many people struggling with marijuana addiction also have co-occurring mental health disorders. These disorders may include anxiety, depression, or bipolar disorder.
Lack of Treatment Options
Legalization and Accessibility
Misconceptions and Stigma
Coping Mechanisms, Relapse Prevention Techniques, and Ongoing Support Systems
People in treatment often learn coping mechanisms to maintain abstinence. The following are some common strategies:
- Stress reduction techniques: Exercise, meditation, and deep breathing exercises can help reduce stress. These behaviors also promote relaxation. Relaxation can help people manage cravings and emotional triggers.
- Healthy lifestyle choices: Adopting a balanced and healthy lifestyle is vital. People can improve their exercise, diet, sleep, and social interactions. These improvements help people feel better and less likely to want to use marijuana.
- Developing hobbies and interests: Hobbies and creative outlets provide a sense of fulfillment and enjoyment. This can help divert attention from cravings and provide alternative sources of pleasure.
Relapse Prevention Techniques
Relapse prevention is an important part of sustained recovery. It should be a part of any marijuana rehab Denver locals choose.
Here are some typical strategies:
- Identifying triggers: People learn to recognize what triggers their urge to use marijuana. Triggers could be people, places, situations, or emotions.
- Creating a relapse prevention plan: Rehab participants work with a counselor or therapist to develop a personalized plan. It often includes coping strategies, emergency contacts, and alternative activities when cravings arise.
- Building a support network: Surrounding oneself with a supportive network of family, friends, or peers in recovery is helpful. It can provide encouragement, accountability, and understanding during challenging times.
Ongoing Support Systems
The recovery process doesn’t end when treatment is over. The following are some important support options outside the treatment center:
- Support groups: Joining support groups such as Marijuana Anonymous (MA) can provide a sense of community. Here the individual can listen to shared experiences. It can lead to encouragement from individuals who have gone through similar struggles.
- Individual therapy: Many people continue individual therapy sessions after attending the marijuana rehab Denver offers. It helps them address underlying issues and maintain recovery.
- Aftercare programs: Engaging in aftercare or outpatient services is helpful. It can provide ongoing support, counseling, and monitoring to prevent relapse.
- Holistic approaches: It can be helpful to try complementary therapies. These therapies include art therapy, yoga, acupuncture, or mindfulness-based practices. It can contribute to well-being and support recovery.
What Specific Treatment Techniques Are Used in Marijuana Rehab?
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive-behavioral therapy identifies and modifies negative thought patterns and behaviors associated with marijuana use. It helps people develop healthier coping skills and manage cravings. It also addresses underlying issues that contribute to addiction.
Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
Contingency Management (CM)
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Dual diagnosis treatment addresses both the addiction and the underlying mental health issues. It uses an integrated treatment approach.
Social and Environmental Factors in Marijuana Addiction
Cultural and Societal Acceptance
Trauma and Stress
Media and Pop Culture Influence
Accessibility of Treatment and Support Services
- Limited access to resources
- Long waiting lists
- Lack of awareness about available services
Family Involvement in Marijuana Rehab
Family involvement in marijuana rehab can offer many benefits. The family can help people achieve and maintain recovery. Here are some key advantages:
- Enhanced support system: Caring and understanding family members can offer emotional support. The family can offer encouragement and motivation throughout the recovery process.
- Increased accountability: Family members can help hold individuals accountable for their actions and commitments to sobriety. People may be more likely to stay drug-free if they know their family is invested in their success.
- Improved communication and understanding: In marijuana rehab, the family and person in recovery have open, honest conversations. These conversations can lead to greater empathy and a shared commitment to change.
- Addressing family dynamics: Marijuana addiction can strain relationships and create unhealthy dynamics. Involving the family in treatment provides an opportunity to address and resolve these issues. It promotes healthier family interactions, thereby improving family functioning.
- Family healing: Addiction often impacts the entire family. Involving the family in marijuana rehab can ease healing.
Improving Lifestyle Choices for Long-Term Success
- Developing healthy coping mechanisms
- Engaging in hobbies that bring joy
- Seeking professional help when needed
- Setting and achieving meaningful goals
- Pursuing education
- Engaging in activities that promote self-discovery and self-improvement
Establishing Structure and Routine
Marijuana Rehab Denver Locals Trust: Treat Your Marijuana Addiction at Mile High Recovery Center
If you are struggling with marijuana addiction, you’re not alone. According to the World Health Organization, almost 147 million people, or 2.5% of the world population, consume cannabis.4 This drug is not harmless and can lead to dependence and addiction.
Treating your marijuana addiction requires a skilled mental health team. We are a team of skilled, experienced professional health practitioners at Mile High Recovery Center. Our program is among the best marijuana rehab Denver has to offer.
Contact us today for more information. Reach out on our website or call (303) 268-2144.