Opiates Rehab in Denver: Regain Control of Your Life
How Does the Opiates Rehab Denver Program Help Patients Regain Control Over Their Lives?
Opiate recovery programs are designed to help patients regain control over their lives during and after opiate rehab. This is done through a range of comprehensive approaches and ongoing support.
By tailoring the treatment plan, patients regain control over their lives, aligning with their specific circumstances.
Continue reading to learn more about opiates rehab Denver residents and visitors alike can trust for continued sobriety.
What is Opiate Addiction?
What are Opiates?
Opiates are a class of drugs that include prescription medications like oxycodone, hydrocodone, and codeine, as well as illicit drugs like heroin.
Opiates and opioids are potent substances that interact with the opioid receptors in the brain, blocking pain signals and producing feelings of euphoria and relaxation.
They can be highly effective for managing severe pain when used as prescribed by a healthcare professional. However, they also carry a significant risk of addiction due to their rewarding and pleasurable effects.
Impact of Opiate Addiction
- Health Consequences: Opiate addiction can have severe health consequences for individuals. Prolonged opiate use can lead to physical and psychological dependence, increasing the risk of overdose and death. Injecting opiates also puts individuals at risk of contracting blood-borne diseases like HIV and hepatitis C.
- Social and Interpersonal Impact: People struggling with addiction may become isolated, withdraw from social activities, and experience difficulties maintaining employment or education.
- Increased Risk of Crime: Opiate addiction is closely associated with criminal activities. Individuals addicted to opiates may resort to illegal activities, such as theft or drug trafficking, to obtain drugs or financial resources to support their addiction.
- Overdose Epidemic: The misuse of prescription opioids, such as oxycodone or hydrocodone, as well as the use of illicit opioids like heroin and synthetic opioids like fentanyl, have contributed to a sharp increase in overdose deaths. Overdoses not only affect individuals with addiction but also impact their families and communities.
- Stigma and Discrimination: Opiate addiction is often accompanied by stigma and discrimination. People with addiction may face judgment, social isolation, and barriers to seeking help due to the negative perceptions associated with substance use disorders. Stigma can hinder individuals from accessing treatment and support services, exacerbating the negative impact of addiction.
Opiates Rehab Denver: Overcoming Opiate Addiction
Effective opiates rehab Denver programs offer comprehensive and compassionate support, helping to guide individuals toward regaining control of their lives and being free of addiction.2
Key Features of Opiates Rehab Denver Programs
Individualized Treatment Plans
In effective opiates rehab Denver programs, each patient receives an individualized treatment plan. This plan considers their unique needs, challenges, and goals. Each plan addresses the physical, psychological, and emotional aspects of addiction.
Detoxification and Medical Support
Quality opiates rehab Denver programs will provide medical support and supervision during detoxification. This is often the initial stage of opiate rehab. Medical professionals closely track patients to ensure their safety and manage withdrawal symptoms.
Medically Supervised Detox During Opiate Withdrawal
While it is possible to detox from opiates at home, it is not advised. Medically supervised detoxification can help alleviate the strain of withdrawal, such as mitigating negative symptoms like muscle weakness, tremors, anxiety, vomiting, increased blood pressure, and more.
- Safety and Symptom Management: Opiate withdrawal can be accompanied by various physical and psychological symptoms, some of which can be severe and potentially life-threatening. In a medically supervised detox setting, healthcare professionals closely monitor the individual’s vital signs, provide necessary medications, and intervene if any complications arise, ensuring their safety throughout the withdrawal process.
- Psychological support: In a medically supervised detox program, individuals receive emotional support from healthcare professionals who are experienced in managing addiction and withdrawal. They may provide counseling, therapy, and guidance to help individuals cope with these psychological symptoms and understand the underlying reasons for their addiction.
- Relapse prevention: Medically supervised detox serves as a critical foundation for long-term recovery. By providing a supportive and controlled environment, it helps individuals break the immediate physical dependence on opiates.
- Continuity of care: Medically supervised detox is often part of a comprehensive treatment plan for opiate addiction. After completing detoxification, individuals can transition seamlessly to further treatment and support services, such as counseling, therapy, and ongoing medication-assisted treatment if needed. This continuum of care enhances the chances of sustained recovery and reduces the risk of relapse.
Relapse Prevention Education
Our opiates rehab Denver program emphasizes relapse prevention education. Here, patients have the skills to maintain their recovery and prevent relapse. Patients also learn to identify triggers and develop coping strategies.
Life Skills Development
At Mile High Recovery, our opiates rehab Denver program focuses on teaching practical life skills. These skills support patients in regaining control over various aspects of their lives.
This may include problem-solving skills, stress management techniques, and communication skills.
Aftercare and Ongoing Support
What Specific Life Skills and Coping Mechanisms Are Taught to Patients?
- Stress Management Techniques: Patients learn various stress management techniques. Here, patients cope with the challenges of daily life without turning to opiates. These may include deep breathing exercises and mindfulness meditation.5
- Problem-Solving Skills: In a quality opiates rehab program, patients are taught problem-solving skills. This helps to tackle difficulties and make positive choices. They learn how to identify problems and break them down into manageable steps.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication is crucial in rebuilding relationships and establishing healthy boundaries. Patients learn to express their needs and emotions assertively and listen actively.
- Emotional Regulation: Opiate addiction often impacts emotional well-being. Patients learn strategies for identifying and regulating their emotions in healthy ways. They get skills to recognize and manage emotional triggers.
- Healthy Lifestyle Practices: Adopting a healthy lifestyle is vital for recovery. Patients learn about the importance of nutrition, regular exercise, and adequate sleep. They also engage in activities that promote physical and mental well-being, such as practicing self-care and cultivating healthy relationships.
- Relapse Prevention Strategies: Patients are equipped with relapse prevention strategies. This helps them maintain sobriety. They learn to identify triggers and develop effective coping mechanisms and a support network, enabling everyone to use healthy alternative behaviors.
How Is the Transition From the Structured Environment of Rehab to Regular Life Managed?
Transitioning from rehab to regular life is a crucial phase in the recovery journey. In an opiates rehab Denver residents can trust, there will be strategies to help patients manage this transition.
- Gradual Transition: Quality opiates rehab Denver programs recognize the importance of a gradual transition. Patients are gradually introduced to increasing levels of independence and responsibility. Still, they continue receiving support and guidance.
- Aftercare Planning: Any quality opiates rehab Denver program emphasizes aftercare planning. Patients work closely with their treatment team to develop a personalized aftercare plan. Aftercare helps in maintaining sobriety and managing challenges in regular life.6
- Continued Therapy and Support: Patients are encouraged to continue therapy and counseling sessions. This ongoing support helps them navigate the challenges they may encounter post-rehab.
- Supportive Community and Networks: The program emphasizes establishing supportive networks. Patients are encouraged to engage in support groups and 12-step programs. These connections provide ongoing support, encouragement, and accountability during the transition.7
- Skill Reinforcement: Patients continue practicing the skills they learned during rehab, including utilizing coping mechanisms and implementing relapse prevention strategies.
- Healthy Lifestyle Integration: The program focuses on developing a healthy lifestyle. Patients are encouraged to maintain routines that support their physical and emotional well-being. This includes exercising regularly, practicing healthy eating habits, and prioritizing self-care.
- Ongoing Communication and Check-Ins: The program maintains open lines of communication. This helps maintain connections with each patient during the transition period. Regular check-ins, phone calls, or virtual sessions may be scheduled to track progress.
Vocational Programs Offered in Denver Opiates Rehab Program
Job Placement Assistance
Additional Programs Offered in Denver Opiates Rehab Programs
Life Skills Development
Goal Setting and Career Planning
Community Resources and Partnerships
Opiates Rehab Denver residents can rely on: Mile High Recovery
Reach Out to Us Today
- 12 Step Model
- Equine Therapy
- Co-Ed Rehab
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment
- Substance use treatment
- Mental Health Treatment
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- PTSD Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- and more
All these modalities are offered in our center depending on your exact needs. Your lifelong journey starts here; we want to help you discover your unique path to get there.
For more information on an opiates rehab Denver program residents and visitors alike can rely on, please contact us today.