You must do several things for inpatient psychotherapy preparation in Colorado to ensure you get the most out of the program. Colorado has the third-highest rate for the number of people who struggle with their mental health, with 19.9% of residents struggling with some form of mental health disorder each year.1 Those whose symptoms are disrupting their lives can find relief by enrolling in an inpatient treatment program center in Colorado.
At Mile High Recovery Center, we support individuals struggling with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorders, or other mental health conditions. We meet privately with each client to understand their unique history and personal experiences to understand what led to the disorder and build an effective treatment plan. Clients will participate in group and private therapy sessions while developing new coping skills and healthy relationships with their peers. For more information about our inpatient treatment program center in Colorado, pick up the phone and call 303-268-2144 today.
When Inpatient Psychotherapy in Colorado Is Needed
Feeling sad or anxious is a normal response to intense or stressful situations and experiences. Most people will feel depressed once or twice in their lifetime. They can experience sadness or hopelessness for a week or two, and then it goes away. For others, their symptoms can last for several weeks, months, or even years without proper treatment. Those who use drugs or alcohol to cope only worsen the condition, increasing the risk of forming an addiction and making the recovery process more difficult.
Signs that indicate that you need inpatient psychotherapy in Colorado include:
- Symptoms of depression or anxiety that don’t go away after a few weeks and continue to worsen or cause substance abuse
- An inability to keep up with work, school, or personal responsibilities
- A preference for staying inside rather than going out and socializing
- Constantly feeling tired even after getting enough sleep
- Frequent mood changes or fits of anger or sadness for no reason
- A lack of motivation to do favorite activities
At Mile High Recovery Center, we know how difficult this time can be, and will help in preparing for inpatient psychotherapy. We will discuss each phase of treatment with you and answer any questions you have about what to expect.
Inpatient Psychotherapy Preparation in Colorado
Psychotherapy preparation in Colorado involves telling co-workers and family members that you need time away to heal and feel like your old self. This first step in recovery is challenging but crucial to building a healthy lifestyle that encourages physical and mental wellness.
Here are some steps for psychotherapy preparation in Colorado:
- Setting your recovery goal – Goal setting is essential to the recovery process. It gives you a finish line to focus on and can prepare you for what’s to come. Your therapist can help with setting goals and building motivation to reach those goals.
- Keep realistic expectations – There are many therapy benefits, but it is not a cure-all for depression, anxiety, or other mental health disorders. Some clients may see a complete reduction in their symptoms after a few months of therapy, while those with a severe disorder may need lifelong medication and therapy.
- Appoint a power of attorney – Inpatient psychotherapy in Colorado requires stepping away from work and personal responsibilities and concentrating fully on your recovery. You will need to make sure bills are paid, children and other family members are cared for, and work responsibilities are covered.
- Be honest about your struggles – Men and women who struggle with mental health will go to great lengths to hide their suffering. Entire generations grew up being told to “keep it to yourself” and “no one wants to hear your problems.” This backward notion is one of the main reasons why many struggle alone instead of talking about it with a trained professional.
Therapy is a vital tool to lead a healthy and productive life for all people. These steps will help with inpatient psychotherapy preparation in Colorado and support clients in their goals of living a healthy and productive life.
Find Inpatient Psychotherapy in Colorado at Mile High Recovery Center
Our treatment facility at Mile High Recovery Center is just east of downtown and close to botanical gardens, dog parks, nature trails, and LGTBQ community centers. We are near East Colfax and Park Avenue and are available for new clients to begin their recovery journey with us. When you first arrive, we will run a full assessment to build a treatment plan that encompasses all aspects of your recovery and addresses your specific needs.
Take that first step to building a happy and positive life by contacting Mile High Recovery Center today at 303-268-2144 or sending us a message using our online contact form. One of our friendly team members will get back to you within 24 hours.
1. Mental Health Colorado – Report: Colorado Among Worst States in Terms of Mental Health, Especially for Kids