According to the Colorado Department of Health, members of the LGBTQ community are at a higher risk of substance abuse than other groups.1 For many struggling with addiction, a Colorado LGBTQ inpatient program is the best choice for stopping the addiction before it causes severe health conditions. If left untreated, addiction can lead to brain damage, organ failure, certain cancers, and other lifelong medical diseases. Enrolling in an inpatient treatment program in Colorado is the safest way to begin recovery with fewer risks of relapse.
Mile High Recovery Center is east of downtown, off North Downing Street and East Colfax Avenue, within walking distance of botanical gardens, museums, nature trails, and LGTBQ community centers. We welcome all individuals who are struggling with addiction to alcohol, heroin, cocaine, or other harmful substance. If you are interested in enrolling in our inpatient treatment program in Colorado, call 855.796.2102 today to speak with our courteous staff and schedule a tour.
Why Is an Inpatient Program in Colorado Needed?
Gay and bisexual men and women are twice as likely to form an addiction than their heterosexual counterparts or other minority groups. The LGBTQ community faces discrimination daily despite growing acceptance from most of the country. This can lead to isolation, depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and other serious problems.
An LGBTQ inpatient program specializes in treating individuals who struggle with addiction or other mental health disorders due to gender confusion or discrimination from parents, siblings, and others in the community. Ignoring or hiding from your genuine feelings is never healthy and can negatively impact teens’ development, education, and socializing skills. Some of the types of therapy involved in an LGBTQ inpatient program include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Equine-assisted therapy
- Group and individual therapy
- Family therapy
At Mile High Recovery Center, our Colorado inpatient program provides clients a discreet and comfortable environment with 24/7 support for their recovery journey. We believe the opposite of addiction is connection, and we’re proud to have a strong connection with the LGBTQ community in Colorado.
Colorado LGBTQ Inpatient Programs for Addiction Recovery
A Colorado inpatient program works with individuals and their families to treat addiction and its underlying causes. Therapists spend time getting to know each client’s unique background and personal history to develop an effective treatment plan that focuses on the common issues that people in the LGBTQ community face.
Here is what you can expect from a Colorado LGBTQ inpatient program:
- Trained therapists will fully assess each client’s physical and mental health and the severity of the addiction. They use this information to design a treatment plan for all phases of addiction recovery.
- To support the recovery process, some clients may receive medication to reduce withdrawal symptoms, cravings, and any depressive or anxiety symptoms. Medical staff will administer medications and monitor clients throughout the program. As their symptoms diminish, they will begin tapering off the medication until no longer necessary. Most people will be 100% drug-free by the end of the program.
- Clients will participate in private therapy sessions, using various behavioral therapy techniques to uncover the root cause of the addiction and begin authentic healing. Therapists teach them healthy coping methods for managing their symptoms and triggers while developing a healthy self-image.
- During group therapy, clients will participate in various activities to practice coping and communication skills and build their confidence in maintaining sobriety. They also listen to how their peers cope with similar issues and receive feedback from other perspectives.
- Many treatment centers offer holistic therapy to aid in the recovery process. This therapy includes yoga, meditation, animal-assisted therapy, art therapy, dance, music, creative writing, and adventure/wilderness therapy.
Enrolling in an LGBTQ inpatient program in Colorado is the smart choice before addiction causes significant problems at home, work, and school. Clients will learn beneficial coping skills and a healthier outlook that will benefit them long into the future.
Find an Inpatient Treatment Program in Colorado at Mile High Recovery Center
At Mile High Recovery Center, our inpatient program in Colorado helps members of the LGBTQ community and other residents struggling with addiction to alcohol, heroin, meth, or other lethal substances. We are a full-service, accredited treatment center east of downtown Denver that can work with you through all recovery phases. To discover all of the benefits of our addiction and mental health treatment facility, contact Mile High Recovery Center today at 855.796.2102 or send us a message online, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.