As you begin your addiction rehab, you want to ensure you have the best chance of success. Because the early days of recovery are the most challenging and vital, many people opt for a residential addiction treatment program for at least 30 days to ensure a secure start. The benefits of inpatient addiction treatment are many and offer an excellent option if you find you have the flexibility for the commitment required.
To learn more about how Mile High Recovery Center can help you begin your recovery with an inpatient addiction program, reach out to us and speak to one of our compassionate and experienced professionals. We can help you make sense of your options and decide what will work for you. You can call us at 303-268-2144 or use our online form to connect with one of our staff.
What Is Inpatient Treatment for Addiction?
In an inpatient rehab facility, you will receive care 24/7 in a comfortable, trigger-free setting. Inpatient addiction programs are ideal for those who:
- Have experienced a relapse in the past
- Have a co-occurring mental health disorder (dual diagnosis)
- Are addicted to more than one substance (poly-addiction)
- Do not live in a secure setting or have a reliable support group at home
At Mile High Recovery Center, we offer a wide range of evidence-based therapies in our inpatient addiction program. You will come to Mile High after completely withdrawing from all substances at a medical detox facility. When you are enrolled in Mile High’s rehab program, you can access all of the following and more delivered by trained professionals:
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) – for alcohol and opioid addictions
- Motivational enhancement therapy (MET)
- Relapse prevention
Benefits of Inpatient Addiction Treatment
Five of the top reasons to consider inpatient treatment for addiction are below. These inpatient treatment benefits make a difference for many and improve the chances for long-term recovery success.
- Safe environment – One of the hardest things to overcome during the early days of recovery is the urge to use. Psychological cravings continue well past the end of your physical dependence. Thus, your safest bet is to live in a completely trigger-free setting, away from activities, people, and substances that might offer temptations too difficult to resist, your safest bet.
- Evidence-based treatment – Yes, you receive evidence-based therapies in outpatient rehab as well. But in a residential addiction treatment program, you have access to therapeutic options for many more hours a day, and they all take place in an enclosed, secure, supportive community, thus increasing their efficacy.
- Peer support – The power of support from peers who are on the same journey cannot be overstated. The evidence is conclusive—peer support improves recovery outcomes. When you are in residence, you have that support 24 hours a day, not only in 12-step meetings and group therapy but also in the gym, at the breakfast table, and in the corridors. Many of the peers you connect with in rehab will likely become the core of your support network after discharge.
- Accountability – Inpatient rehab can be intense but in a good way. You have peer accountability partners built into your daily recovery work and leisure time too. Your counselors, doctors, and the other staff members are also there for you, providing wrap-around care around the clock. They, too, will know how you are doing. You will always have someone to turn to if you feel vulnerable, scared, or confused.
- Scheduled days – One of the hidden benefits of inpatient addiction treatment is that your time is managed for you. This may seem minor, but a schedule reduces distractions, frees up time to be used on healing, and provides the opportunity for self-care. Your meals are prepared, you know where you are going through the day, you have no commute time to factor in, and the lack of outside responsibilities makes getting to family therapy or a 12-step meeting your only concern.
Reach Out to Mile High Recovery Center Today
Mile High Recovery Center in the heart of Denver, CO, is a welcoming, vibrant, healing environment where you can begin a lifetime of sobriety. If you are interested in an inpatient addiction program, reach out today.
Your recovery is our mission. Call 303-268-2144 or complete this easy online form to get started on your next chapter.